Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Perfect Bite

The Perfect Bite
It was a normal night...picked Webb up from day care, debated on whether to do laundry (pass), poured a glass of wine and started thinking about dinner. Nothing special...Salmon: marinated in balsamic vinegar and quick seared in a skillet, Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: Rendered cubed bacon, set aside and left 2 tablespoons of grease, boiled sprouts until tender, quick ice bath to keep the color then cut in two, a 3 minute char in the bacon grease, top with bacon crumbles, Sweet Potato: simply baked. I didn't even take a picture because the plate didn't look great...the salmon and sweet potatoes were the same color...but then...

As I started eating...I realized I was carefully constructing on my fork...a layer of sweet potato, a little salmon with balsamic, a piece of sprout and then bacon...being careful not to have it topple over before it reached my mouth. I was creating the absolute best bite possible! LIGHTBULB. I made Rich pause the movie...I deconstructed my first plated meal, grabbed a clean dish and made myself 9 perfect bites...I ended up eating less and enjoying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...