Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chicken Thighs

Photo from @Witty in the City Blog
These chicken thighs that I completely robbed from Witty in the City on Pinterest really are ALL THAT. This will be in heavy rotation at the Playford home from here on out. I'm looking to cut cost any way I can and one is grocery shopping...chicken thighs are WAY cheaper than the breast...and honestly taste better. So I bought the thighs then searched for a dish. The same recipe kept popping up and the reviews were pretty convincing so I thought I would give it a shot....winner, winner, chicken dinner...in 35 minutes!

Dijon/Maple Chicken Thighs
1 pkg boneless chicken thighs (1-1/2 - 2 lbs)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
rosemary
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Put chicken in foil lined baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Mix syrup, mustard and vinegar in a bowl and pour over chicken coating generously. Bake for 30 minutes and baste 1/2 way through cooking. Turn on the broiler for 3-5 minutes to get the tops of the chicken brown. Serve with chopped rosemary and devour.

Thank you Pinterest...my new best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...