Sunday, February 21, 2016

Equen Plantation's Strawberry Birthday Cake


Dyer Stephens Playford is TWO!
Amazing how big my little girl is getting. Rich and I have said that she is extremely mature as she has been terrible for quite some time.
We kept it simple this year...just the four of us, but I did splurge and made the cake myself. Traditions mean something to me and this one I thought would be a good one to keep up. A special cake for a very special girl.

I've been devouring Mamie's version of this cake for as long as I can remember. All birthdays at Equen Plantation started with this cake. I'm so glad I finally got the nerve up to bake it myself. Brought back a lot of memories. I hope my family will enjoy and look forward to the next event that merits this dessert.

Feliz CompleaƱos mi preciosa Dyer!
Equen Plantation Birthday Cake

Cake: Mix all ingredients. Add eggs one at a time.
1 box Duncan Hines Strawberry Cake Mix
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 package strawberry Jello
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs, room temperature

Icing: mix and cover cake, garnish with strawberries
1 Stick Butter
1/2 cup strawberries
1 package powdered sugar (maybe less, check for consistency

I never got the instructions on baking, so I started with what the cake box said then added a few minutes because it wasn't quite done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...