Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Potatoes...Three Times

Thrice Baked Potato
What's better than a twice baked potato? A THRICE baked potato! I made twice baked potatoes for our weekend getaway...last week...and I always make more than I need because, well...one, I might mess up one of the potatoes needed and...two, they're always better the third time around. Rich has labeled this as an A+++ dish!

EASY DIRECTION: Bake Russet potatoes until done. (One potato for two people). Cut in half lengthwise. DELICATELY dig the potato out with a spoon leaving a little attached the skin (this will make for a sturdy boat). Mix potatoes with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper...THEN a twist. I can't just do the normal thing...I add a little truffle oil...just a few drops...this gives it a taste of sophistication. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Stuff the potato halves, cover with cheddar cheese and bake for 20 minutes. I cut up green onion and have bacon crumbles for the top. And ALWAYS make at least one extra potato. Without the boat skins, I put the potatoes in a ramekin, top with cheese and bake until warm, top the same way.
  
Third time is definitely a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...