Monday, February 28, 2011

A Friday Night Bean Burrito

Bean Burrito
Mexican is all I require after a long week of work. It's sort of a trend of late that Friday is marked Mexican night OUT. A slight twist last Friday...Rich was going out with Bill! I still had to have my Mexican fix and knew a bean burrito would hit the spot. I have a list of Mexican foods that I would love to master, but I haven't quite gotten to that list...yet. Until then...a bean burrito will have to do.

My Bean Burrito
1 Flour tortilla
1/4 can refried beans (I like Taco Bell)
Sour cream sauce
   Sour cream
   Lime juice
   Cumin and salt
Pico (make a batch to last a week!)
   5-6 tomatoes, diced
   1 yellow onion, diced
   1 jalapeno, diced
   1 cilantro bunch
   juice of 3-4 limes
Hot sauce, Tapatio
Cilantro for garnish

Tapatio Hot Sauce
Heat beans and spoon a layer on the tortilla. Add a few dashes of hot sauce (Tapatio is my favorite). Fold tortilla starting in the middle then wrapping the top and bottom together. Place folded side down in a hot non-stick skillet and sear until you get a crunchy outside, flip and sear other side. Plate and top with sour cream sauce (mix ingredients until thinned by half) and pico. I use extra cilantro leaves on top...the more the better in my book.

Mexican Foods I want to create:
1. Mole Negra (New Years Resolution)
2. Chicken Enchiladas
3. Salsa Verde
4. Tamale...preferable pork
5. Margarita...DONE
6. Chorizo Tortas
7. Guacamole...done not mastered

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...