Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baked Eggs for Breakfast

Egg ready for baking.
I jumped up this morning and wanted something decadent to eat. I scoured the ice box and came up with the norm...bacon and eggs. BUT...why not bake them...with cream...and cheese!

Serves 2 (One egg per person.)
2 Eggs
1 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons cream
2 teaspoons Asiago cheese
salt and pepper

I ruined a dozen eggs to get the perfect outcome...an ooey-gooey yolk and hard white...worth it. Now there is no more guessing. I'm sure all ovens are different, but this timing works perfect for me. My eggs now taste gourmet!

Rub a ramekin with butter and leave the remaining butter in the dish. Pour 1 teaspoon of cream in bottom, crack egg into ramekin and add 1 teaspoon cream over the egg. Top with cheese, salt and pepper. Bake at 375ยบ for 14 minutes until whites are solid.

Variations: Add spinach to the bottom of ramekin after buttering. Use Parmesan or goat cheese instead of Asiago. Serve with toast and bacon. Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...