Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

It was a great Valentine's Day. I turned the iPod to Jazz, put Webb in the highchair and told Rich to pour me a glass of wine. We were in the kitchen as a family...nothing makes me happier. As I prepped all the ingredients and sipped my wine, Rich fed Webb Cheerio after Cheerio until bedtime...8:00! (A little early so Mama and Daddy could have some alone time.)

Scallop and Shrimp with Corn and Bacon
Filet Mignon and Roasted Asparagus.



Valentine's Day preparations.

Valentine's Day Meal. Slippydog guarding the door.
















Rich's favorite meal that I fix him is Scallop & Shrimp with Corn and Bacon in Truffle Oil and a quick-seared filet mignon. And that is what I served...along with a salad, rolls and a tuxedo cake from Fresh Market (I wasn't in the mood to make dessert.)

This meal was all about preparation. I have a Four Course Meal to Impress that I have been serving for a few years now. I've got it down to a science. I didn't do the whole meal for V-day...I altered it just a bit but kept the most important parts. For a full rundown on a great Four Course Meal. Click here: http://sweetsaltyandsouthern.blogspot.com/p/four-course-meal.html

Thank you Rich for setting the table. I had a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...