Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Wine...La Vieille Ferme

Why Yes, I'll have some of The Old Farm this evening.
MAGNUM P.I. I'm not about to "review" a wine. I am in no way a connoisseur...more of an enthusiast...especially if I have a partner in crime (usually my husband or best girlfriends...Erica!!!!). I'm just going to strongly suggest that everyone try it. It is the current wine of Chez Playford....It's good. It's reasonable priced. And you can buy 'em big. Have recently moved from white to red due to the cooler weather...both  equally delicious.


 

What I learned about the red (Côtes du Ventoux):
Appearance : deep cherry red.
Nose : ripe fruit, rich and spicy.
Palate : good solid red wine with pleasant tannins.
And the white (Côtes du Luberon):
Appearance : bright pale yellow with hints of green.
Nose : green fruit, corn and hazel-nuts.
Palate : soft, balanced and deliciously aromatic.
Oh, and another interesting tidbit from the website...it was created in the best year...1974 (yes, I just told you my age, vintage.)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...