Monday, November 8, 2010

Webb's Big Day in Church

My son Webb is going to be Christened this Sunday. After the ceremony our family will join us for lunch, the menu closely resembles my niece's Baptismal Brunch.


The Ham was done by my father, Webb (my son's namesake). I asked for a recipe and as usual got two different ones. One from my father and one from my mother. My mother said pierce the meat. My father shaking his head no in the background and mouthing silently, "DO NOT DO THAT!" This argument went on for a while and I never really got the true recipe. I plan on making it for Thanksgiving, so I will post the recipe then.

My Godmother Christine made and brought the grits. She used the Paula Dean recipe. Any southerner knows you can trust Paula Dean with grits, especially the cheesy kind.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burch's Christening Spinach Madeline
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Burch Franklin, born October 15, 2001 was christened in Tunica and my sister-in-law, Penny, served Spinach Madeline that was delicious. I helped make it and squeezing the spinach of juice was definitely worth it.


3 pkgs frozen chopped spinach
1 1/2 stick margarine
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup Parmesean cheese
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 can artichokes, cut in half

Cook and drain spinach. (Squeeze it if you have to get all the moisture out.) Saute onions in butter. Mix all ingredients together and bake 30 minutes at 350°.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Curried Fruit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a classic in Greenwood for brunches. It’s a great warm fruit dish and goes well with a lot of different foods. Feeds a lot and is surprisingly good!

1 can pears
1 large can sliced peaches
1 large can pineapple chunks
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons curry powder (the good stuff, it makes a difference)

Drain fruit well. Melt butter, sugar and curry. Don’t cover. Bake at 325° for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...