Sunday, January 2, 2011

Peas, Peas, Peas

Real Food!
Pureed Green Peas
Baby food is just unappealing so I decided to give making my own a try. Webb is now six months old and is quite the chunk-a-saurus-rex. For the past 6 months, Webb has been perched on the kitchen counter (starting in a vibrating bouncy seat and now in a feeding chair) watching me cook. He has tasted so much for being so little: lamb, avocado even champagne dressing and has smelled garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage and pepper (no sneeze). I'm hoping this will ensure a good appetite as he grows up.


I pureed green peas with water and boy, the color is MUCH better than that army-green, store-bought stuff, and the taste (to me) is leaps and bounds above the jar.  Just need to be cautious about the pulp, it's a little thick. Webb is getting use to the new taste, but don't take my word for it. I took a quick video of Webb, his face says it all. I look forward to more attempts at feeding Webb the real stuff. I'm sure my Cuisinart is about to get it's money's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...