Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Steak-on-a-Stick and Eggs for Dinner

Steak and Eggs
It doesn't get much better than steak and eggs. Like father, like daughter...it's our favorite breakfast. We request it for our birthday breakfast every year. Even Rich and I long for Sunday morning steak and eggs. But sometimes it's exactly what's needed for dinner.

Tonight was FFY (Fend For Yourself). Rich went to the Memphis Tigers game and I was left with Steak on a Stick from Huey's! Oh POOR me. Ok, Huey's may be famous for their burger, but my favorite...hands down...Steak on a Stick. You can order a snack, 1 stick, or dinner, 3 sticks.

Rich got me the dinner last night and I ate one stick for breakfast this morning, sans the eggs...absolutely no time. And for dinner...I sauteed mushrooms and onions in butter, layered a fried egg on top with hollandaise and two steak sticks. A spinach salad with blue cheese, tomatoes and almonds and a glass of wine made this the perfect FFY "watching American Idol" meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...